People who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do. -Apple
Your subscription could not be saved. Please try again.
Your subscription to raagabox has been successful.
Bhagavatula Sadasiva Sankara Sastry (31 August 1925 – 4 June 1998) was an Indian author, poet, lyricist, translator, publisher, dramatist, playwright, and an expert in Telugu literature.
Aarudhra is the nephew of Telugu poet Sri Sri, and is also known for his works exclusively in Telugu cinema as a screenwriter, dialogue writer, and story writer, and is the recipient of the Sahitya Akademi Award in 1987
## Aarudra was born in Yelamanchili, Visakhapatnam, Andhra Pradesh, India on 31 August 1925.] After the primary education, he shifted to Vizianagaram in 1942 for his college education.He got attracted to Communism after coming into contact with people like Ronanki Appalaswamy and Chaganti Somayajulu.
## He joined the Indian Air Force as a Band Boy in 1943 and served it till 1947.
## He shifted to Madras and worked as editor of Anandavani magazine for two years.
## Joining the cine field in 1949, he wrote lyrics and dialogues for many films.
## He married noted writer K. Rama Lakshmi (a columnist and a writer-critic in her own right) in 1954.
*** List of his works :
1. Poems (Kavyas): Tvamevaaham, Sinivaali, Koonalamma Padaalu, Intinti Padhyaalu. America Intinti padhyaalu, Sitakoka Chilukalu(radio play)
2. Lyrics: Gaayaalu-Geyaalu, Pailaapacceesu, Yencina Padyaalu, Yetikedadi, Kondagaali Tirigindi.
3. Translations: Veera Telangaana Viplava Geetalu (from English), Vennela-Vesavi (from Tamil), Kabeer Bhaavaalu and Batvaada-Arudra (from Hindi).
4. Dramas: Udgeedha, Geyanaatika, Raadaari Bangla, Saalabhanjikalu.
5. Dual Poetry: Rukkuteswara Satakam (with Sri Sri), Meemee (with Sri Sri and Varada)
6. Research Work: Samagraandhra Saahityam, Arudra Vyaasapeetham, Raamudi ki Seeta Yemavutundi?,
7. Other works: Arudra kathalu, Mahaneeyulu, Chadarangam, cinema scripts and lyrics.
*** Film songs :
His Film songs are compiled and published by his wife K. Ramalaxmi in five volumes.,
1965 Manchi Kutumbam Manase Andhala Brundhavanam
Preminchuta Pillala Vantu, Deevinchuta Peddala Vantu
1965 Pandava Vanavasam Baavaa Baavaa Panneeru
1965 Preminchi Choodu Mee Andala Chetulu Kandenu Papam
1965 Veerabhimanyu Adigo Navalokam Velase Manakosam
Rambha Urvashi Taladanne Ramaneelalama Evareeme
1965 Zamindar Chukkalu Podiche Vela Makkuva Teere Vela
1965 "uyyala jampala" kondagaali tirigindi, gunDe vuusulaaDindi... https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=2&v=g-B5nAbSzQ4
1966 Antastulu Vinara Vissanna Ne Vedam Cheputa Vinaranna
1967 Bhakta Prahlada Siri Siri Laali Chinnari Laali
1967 Gudachari 116 Manasuteera Navvule Navvule Navvali
1967 Saakshi Amma Kadupu Challaga Atta Kadupu Challaga Batakara Batakara Pacchaga
1968 Bandipotu Dongalu Gandara Ganda Shoggadivanta
1968 Ramu Pacchani Chettu Okati Vecchani Chilakalu Rendu
1970 Akka Chellelu Chakachakalade Paduchundi
1972 Iddaru Ammayilu Oho Mister Brahmachari
1978 Mana Voori Pandavulu Orey Pichchi Sannasi Ila Choodu Ila Choodu Itukesi
Pandavulu Pandavulu Thummeda Mana Voori Pandavulu Thummeda
1978 Vayasu Pilichindi Muthyamalle Merisipoye Mallemogga
Nuvvadigindi Enaadaina Kaadhannaana
1991 Pelli Pustakam Srirastu Subhamastu Srikaram Chuttukundi Pelli Pustakam
1993 Mister Pellam Adagavayya Ayyagari Ekkuvemito Cheppamanu Aadavalla Thakkuvemito